This job is no longer available
Role: Retail Area Support Manager
Location: North Yorkshire
Salary: £20,000 + Bonus + Travel Expenses + Excellent Benefits
We are currently looking to recruit an Area Support Manager with retail management experience to help deliver sales and profits across the North Yorkshire.
This brand new and exciting opportunity as area support manager will give the successful candidate a significant amount of exposure to multi-site management as you take accountability not only for your own retail store but support the area manager in driving performance of between 10 - 15 stores. If you are career driven and want a future area manager role this is a great way to start.
Trading from high street locations this company offers its customers a host of services to a very loyal and consistently expanding customer base. Since their inception they have clearly become one of the market leaders and have a very honest and open culture with their people at the heart of everything they do.
- As an Area Support Manager you will be the liaison between the Branch Managers and the Area Manager.
- As well as managing your own branch you will need to have excellent organisational and prioritisation skills as you will spend time visiting stores which need your support.
- Once in a branch you will help branch managers drive their individual units to help increase sales and minimise bad debt in line with company targets.
- You will need to demonstrate your proven people management skills by providing appropriate coaching and training for branch managers and the store team making sure development plans and follow ups are put in place.
- Provide structure and support in terms of recruitment and interviewing of new staff and assist in the management of employee absence, performance and conduct.
- You will need to be strong and commercially minded as in the area manager's absence you will take appropriate business decisions in order to drive the performance across the area.
In addition to the above you will also make sure your own store is delivering against its store targets and that your own team are being managed and developed in such a way that a high level of performance is consistently being achieved.
The successful area support manager will need management experience within retail or a customer focussed industry like hospitality or banking. Branch manager, retail manager, store manager, cluster manager, multi-site manager, district manager. The ideal candidate will have some form of debt management or debt recovery experience.
You will need to live in North Yorkshire and be commutable from Darlington, Richmond, Stokesley, Harrogate, York, Yarm and Northallerton. A driving licence and access to own vehicle is preferred.
To apply for the role of Retail Area Support Manager, click apply today.