This job is no longer available
BUYER - HIGH STREET RETAILER
This company has been around the high street for over 50 years. They have huge presence as well as an established customer base and brand image They have recently experienced a period of massive growth and are looking to open up another 50-75 stores within the next 15 months. They are currently looking for a buyer to join their team to support them in achieving this goal. This is an incredibly exciting time to join the company where your talent and hard work will be rewarded.
- Previous experience of working at Buyer level for a young fashion, high street retailer,
- Degree educated or with equivalent level work experience,
- Good IT Skills with advanced Microsoft Excel,
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail,
- Strong levels of communication and interpersonal skills,
- Excellent organizational skills,
- Capable of working to tight deadlines,
- Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure,
- Dedicated and responsible approach to job role,
- Ability to work both independently and within a team,
- Experience of managing an AB and junior team profile, managing individual performance and development.
- Business/Statistical academic profile,
- Previous experience of using Mercatus.
- Analysing consumer buying patterns and predicting future trends,
- Management and review of department KPI's,
- Managing plans for stock levels, reacting to change in demand and logistics;
- Meeting suppliers and negotiating contract terms & sourcing new suppliers for new product lines,
- Ensuring that relationships with existing suppliers are maintained,
- Managing diary for attending key trade fairs & factory visits, in the UK and abroad,
- Report writing and compiling sales forecasts ,analysing sales figures and reacting accordingly, enquiring repeats, re-colourations and cancellations,
- Liaising with merchandising to ensure product/ supply meets demand,
- Liaising with key HO department to maintain supply chain e.g. merchandising, distribution, operations and QC,
- Compiling competitor reports,
- Ensuring that team are chasing samples inc. requested, production/pre-production, approved and rejected.
- Overall responsibility for efficient management of the critical path,
- Day to day management of AB and junior team members, with responsibility for individual performance and development.
At this stage the product area for these roles is still flexible and for this reason candidates will need to demonstrate a degree of flexibility and a strong portfolio buying across different product types. This position will suit a highly skilled and adaptable buyer with a good track record and exposure across young fashion/high street retail, who is keen to take the next step, working within a fast pace, high street brand.
Personality fit is very important to this company. They need someone who not only meets the essential skill requirements but who can also fit in with the culture of the organisation and display experience working for a high street retailer with a young and trendy customer base.