Director of Merchandising
The UK arm of a multi £billion turnover global supplier of B2C and B2B products and services, this innovative and growing business counts many of the UK’s leading organisations among its customers.
Operating through multiple channels including catalogue and online the business is recognised for its World Class supply chain capability and absolute customer focus.
With a clear strategy to deliver growth through enhanced product and service offerings, the company seeks an outstanding Director of Merchandising.
The Merchandise function is the “fulcrum” of the business and with a clear strategy to deliver growth through enhanced product and service offerings this is a key appointment. With extensive senior level merchandising experience the successful candidate will have strong mail order /catalogue or retail experience gained in a fast paced and dynamic environment.
• To direct the management and development of product categories across all channels and customer groups, delivering optimal growth and profitability, ensuring good practice in sku and vendor lifecycle management, and creating a compelling customer proposition.
• To operationally manage all resources within the UK and Ireland merchandising function providing leadership, guidance, knowledge and expertise to drive effective, efficient working practice from the whole team.
• Establish and manage a local product assortment for use by all customer segments whilst creating compelling customer touch point assortments that maximise profitable sales opportunities, business development as well as customer growth and retention.
• A strong merchandising background with experience of product and vendor management gained in mail order, fast paced retail or web channels. A strong manager comfortable leading and coaching a team in excess of 20 with four direct reports.
• A demonstrable track record of driving a customer focused strategy and delivering a compelling proposition for range selection. Commercially very strong with a clear understanding which “trigger points” to use in order to generate sales whilst building strong cross functional relationships.
• A consultative and resilient merchandise professional with intellect and real commercial acumen. Highly effective communicator with the presence and confidence to present and influence at Board level within a large organisation.