Operating in both the consumer online and retail sectors, this Private Equity backed market leader is looking to re-develop its business model through retail innovation.
The business is putting in place a robust strategy for growth that includes creating an improved and consistent retail proposition, exceptional customer service, followed by further international expansion.
The future proposition will be delivered through the growth of social media and digital solutions to a traditional retail footprint. In order to strengthen their position, both channels to the consumer have received substantial development investment.
The opportunity to exploit their already strong international presence and reputation is significant; however this requires a strong and savvy Retail Director to join a newly formed executive management team of high performers.
Reporting to the CEO:
• P&L responsibility, developing and implementing world class retailing disciplines, ensuring standardised operational execution
• Delivering an enhanced customer experience that drives P&L performance and greater consumer engagement - in essence a consistent brand proposition that is exceptional, regardless of where in the world the customer is being served
• Driving increased spend and contribution per head; footfall is not a challenge but there is significant upside potential in conversion to spend both retail and online
• Leading an international management team, ensuring the right people are in the right roles, with the right capability, and that they are developed, motivated and engaged.
• A background in fast-paced, multi-site retail operations where brand strength is intrinsically related to values and customer service. Experience in Leisure, Hospitality or Entertainment, driving an improved service culture, would be a plus
• Multi-channel experience and an understanding as to how traditional retailing supports an online proposition will be essential
• Articulate, strong academics and culturally aware whilst also being politically savvy and able to manage large or complex customer relationships
• A completer finisher, able to be hands-on and drive change whilst having a strategic mind; a proven leader who is accustomed to operating as part of, and influencing the senior team.