Buyer - Foodservice
Buyer - Foodservice
Buyer required for leading foodservice solutions company. Due to continued success and expansion in the business, now an immediate opportunity available.
- Keeping all lines in stock whilst not going over stocked, keeping in mind best before dates, minimum order quantities and sales trends.
- Keep on top of on-going sales trends up or down and adjust buying accordingly.
- Understand demand peaks for certain products i.e. seasonal and weather conditions.
- Decide which suppliers to buy from taking into account min orders quality and lead time
- Stock input and authentication.
- Negotiate with UK and international suppliers and be prepared to challenge and qualify all suppliers to improve supply, costs and efficiency.
- Monitor supplier performance, kpi's i.e. check best before dates, damages etc…
- Liaise closely with warehousing, sales and commercial teams.
- Representing the company at client meetings.
- Open communicator between all departments.
- Verification of another buyer.
- Utilising strong initiative to enhance the role.
- Full stock accountability, Stock descriptions.
- Promotional buying: Maximising advantage by reducing stock before promotion.
- Spot deals by looking at volumes and negotiate for bulk deals more ordering more.
Rapidly expanding, innovative and forward thinking foodservice solutions company. With an enviable reputation in the market, and offering excellent long term career opportunities for successful people.
- Proven experience as a Buyer.
- Foodservice / Food industry experience desired, but not essential.
- Strong commercial acumen.
- Excellent negotiation and presentation skills.
- Proven success in a fast paced environment.
- Strong multi-tasker.
- Very IT Literate.
- Likeable and personable.
- Thrives on a challenge.
- Analytical mind to look at short date, overstock and clearance lines and take ownership to push with relevant managers.
- Team Player.
- High standards.
Basic Salary: £25,000 - £35,000
Please note that due to the large volume of applications received we are unable to discuss individual applications. If you have not heard from us within 7 days your application has been unsuccessful.