This job is no longer available
Womenswear Product Developer
This premium high street retailer is looking for a womenswear product developer to join their head office team in Central London. You will be responsible for the Prebuy Process from Design Illustration to Sample Delivery, including the management of the Critical Path to ensure Product is costed and Delivered in a timely manner.
- Ensure that Samples are delivered in a timely manner for the seasonal Buys working with Design and Product Development Manager.
- Work with Design to ensure that All design packs and technical information is communicated to factories for samples.
- Co-ordination and Approval of Sampling Fabric, Trims, Labdips with Design and Fabric Teams.
- Reserve proto sampling space with relevant supplier.
- Own and update the Product Set up of All Product for Rangeplans on APEX
- Plan factory prototype sample requirements - ensure timely delivery for agreed buy dates.
- Ensure costings and fabric ratings have been received from the supplier and negotiated where necessary before the buy meeting to meet margin targets supplied by Development Manager.
- Manage Proto Fit sample days to ensure quick turnaround (internally and externally) and communicate design changes to Tech and Factories.
- Work with Design to select press sample requirements and Liaise with Production to ensure that deliveries can be met and RM are available. Update critical path with received / sent sample dates.
- Organize despatch of samples to suppliers on a daily basis.
- Raise Proto/ Sample Orders with Factories. Ensure presentation documents are fully prepared for product buys and Franchise presentations and Retail training material. Attend relevant buy meetings with Product Manager.
- Ensure presentation documents are fully prepared for product buys and Franchise presentations. Update Fast React daily - raise styles and orders, log samples in and manage the critical path using the system. Maintain strong supplier relationships. Attend fit meetings to ensure problems are highlighted and communicated to suppliers and relevant departments and to monitor any changes that may have an effect on costings. Liaise with Merchandising and Design teams to ensure all departments have the same information.
You will need to work as part of the team in all aspects of managing and running the function effectively so it is essential that you have excellent communication, organisational and interpersonal skills.
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary and the opportunity for career progression with a leading, premium brand.