This job is no longer available
UP Global Sourcing is one of the world's leading product sourcing and design businesses with an excellent reputation for bringing branded, licensed and private label products across 12 categories to global markets. Our Worldwide retail customers include; Tesco, Asda, Argos, Sainsburys, Wilkinsons, TJX, Target, Carrefour and Avon to mention a few.
Based on a site just outside of Manchester with 200 staff, a 20,000 sqft UK showroom and offices in Hong Kong, Europe and China we are able to source, develop and deliver exclusive products and bring them to market.
We are currently looking for outstanding candidates to join our very successful Electrical buying team to taken on buying responsibility of product range. Working with some of the biggest retailers in the world, the role will be very varied including regular travel to the Far East.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a fast paced and dynamic environment where the opportunity to progress to Senior levels is very achieveable and an excellent remuneration package is offered including departmental bonuses.
Key Areas of Responsibility
• To source new product lines from various suppliers throughout the world but predominately the Far East. To dentify new suppliers and negotiate terms to ensure they are working to achieve UP standards for supply
• Developing new and existing product lines and ranges to ensure they are suitable with current market trends and meet the necessary standards.
• Work with the design & marketing departments in creating and approving new artwork concept for product packaging, instruction manuals and other marketing literature.
• Complete market research including trade journals, internet, store visits, and competitor visits when necessary to ensure company product lines are suitable for our target markets.
• Attend trade exhibitions,buying trips and customer meetings when necessary within the UK and throughout the world.
Desired Skills & Experience
• Must have a minimum of 2 years experience in retail product buying ideally within a product area related to Electrical items.
• Sound experience of sourcing ideallly from far eastern suppliers. This should include experience of regular trips to China or have direct contact with factories is a must
• Good knowledge and understanding of developing products and packaging to meet current retail trends.
• Sound IT knowledge especially Excel, well organised and commercially minded with ambitions to progress
This is a fantastic opportunity for an Assistant Buyer wishing to move to the next stage of their career or a current Buyer looking for more responsibility in a very successful buying division.
Please apply by sending covering letter including salary expectations and CV to Craig Holden, Group HR Director via the "Apply now" button below.